Cooking is like love ~ It should be entered into with abandon, or not at all.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hot Roll Mix

This mix is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  It is easy to mix up and wonderful to use.  Sunday night I used this mix to make some yummy cinnamon rolls and today I used it to make 2 loaves of bread. 

The recipe is taken from Make-A-Mix Cookery book. 

Hot Roll Mix

5 lbs.  all-purpose flour      
1 1/4 cups of sugar
4 teaspoons salt
1 cup instant nonfat dry milk

Combine all the ingredients are stire until well blended.  Store in a cool dry place for 6 to 8 months.  Makes about 22 cups of mix.    

I really think you could do a combination of all purpose and whole wheat flour but I haven't tried it yet.  I am thinking I will do that for the next batch I make.  At the rate we are going through it that might be this coming weekend!  :)                              

No comments:

Post a Comment