Cooking is like love ~ It should be entered into with abandon, or not at all.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Round is Overrated!

It's pizza night!  I love pizza night although it has become more challenging since the oven went kaput on me.  We are still using Grandma's roaster and it has really come through for us.  The only way to bake the pizza is on a fairly small cookie sheet so we have started making individual pizzas. 

I don't think I could make a pizza round if my life depended on it and I have decided that a squarish pizza holds more goodness.  Are you buying this?  LOL

I start out with a super basic sauce.  A couple of cans of tomato sauce, dried minced onion and garlic, pepper and a splash of olive oil.  I let it is simmer for about 20 minutes.  I will sometimes add chili powder if I think we need a little spice but tonight I left it out.  Here is the sauce.


The pizza crust is a super easy recipe I found online that I am constantly changing and adding thing to.  Tonight I added garlic and onions and a tiny bit of parmesan cheese.  Here is the link for the dough and a picture.

See all that yummy garlic?  I love garlic.  It is a good thing everyone else does too or I might be in trouble.  I topped the pizza with sauce, sliced up meatballs and a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.  I used a 1 qt jar of meatballs that I had canned over the summer.  If you don't can you can use freezer meatballs (defrosted) or you can make a batch of meatballs.  Top your pizza and bake for about 15 minutes.  These pizzas are ready for the oven.  While they are baking you can make up a green salad and have a quick easy but delicious dinner.


I hate to post and run but that there is my dinner and I am hungry!  I hope you enjoyed tonight's recipe.  Please leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite pizza is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment